CALL FOR LOCAL ARTISTS - DEADLINE FEBRUARY 5, 2018
Norf Art Collective is curating an art immersion experience in celebration of the release of Marvel Comic’s Black Panther movie. This is a juried selection for artwork.
All selected artwork will be displayed at One Drop Ink Tattoo Parlour and Gallery for the month of February and highlighted for the Jefferson Street Art Crawl on February 24, 2018 6-9PM. There is a unique opportunity for some selected artwork to be exhibited at a VIP Red Carpet event hosted by GAWD and the creators of PacFest for a private screening of Black Panther at Regal Hollywood 27 (100 Oaks) on February 15. There will also be a dance party and art immersion event featuring the music from Black Panther at the Mercy Lounge on February 16 where other selected works will be shown.
THEME: BLACK HEROES, LEGENDS, & QUEENS
We all have our favorite comic book super heroes, but in celebration of Black History Month we want to encourage artists to think outside the box on this one! This does not mean we will not accept fan art, but please make your compositions original if you choose to go this route.
- E-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No traced or simple reproduction images will be accepted
- Size should not exceed 18” X 24” and weigh less than 25 pounds for larger artwork, email email@example.com by February 1, 2018 with details describing your proposed artwork
- All approved artwork should be ready to hang
- canvas or painting on board; prepare the back with wire (preferred) or hanging clip
- artwork on paper must be framed (support local business Woodcuts Gallery and Framing)
- attach appropriate information (artist name, size/dimensions, medium/materials used, and price)
- bring/deliver artwork to One Drop Ink (1106 Ed Temple Blvd, Nashville, TN 37208) after we send acceptance email
- Artists will retain 70% of all sales made out of One Drop Ink, 100% if purchased at screening or dance party
- Local artists will have the strongest consideration for this call
- we will not be responsible for shipping artwork to or from One Drop Ink
- Try to limit submissions to one piece per artists or use smaller dimensions for multiple works
SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 5, 2018!